Your guests are like your personal paparazzi on your wedding day. But what should you do if you don’t want your special and intimate moments to find their way onto social media?
Unfortunately, you can’t fully control the situation but there are steps you can take to make your wishes known and limit social media uploads.
● Mention It On Your Invite. If you will be creating a wedding website, mention your wishes there. Get specific though. Are you fine with guests snapping photos at the reception but not the ceremony? Would you prefer guests to wait until you and your partner have posted photos before they do? Tell them exactly what you do and don’t want – it is your day after all. Keep in mind that if you’re going to use a wedding hashtag, it might be confusing to also ask guests not to post photos.
● Include a Note on the Program. If you’re sending out printed invites, you may have to mention your no-photo rule on your programs. You could even include a small printed note with your invites if you have the extra budget.
● Announce It. Since you will have everyone’s attention at the start of the ceremony, get your officiant or master of ceremonies to announce your requests about photos and social media.
● Create a Sign. Another option is to create a sign that you can place at the entrance of your ceremony. This ensures that all guests see it.
● Alter Your Privacy Settings. If you don’t want to take any chances, you can always change your social media privacy settings. This way, you can’t be tagged in any photos you haven’t approved.
Don’t feel guilty for asking your guests not to post your wedding photos on social media. By approaching it in a fair and even humorous way, it doesn’t have to be a big deal.
*Wedding planning stressing you out? Go from stressed out bride-to-be to beautiful blushing bride! Our bridal coaching offers support for stressed out brides-to-be during the engagment year.
*Want support as a couple? Our customizable marriage masterclass helps couple grow closer and improve communication as they prepare for marriage.
*Need full wedding planning or wedding coordination? Explore all that Bellissima Bridal has to offer!
So Excited For You!
Corinne and The Bellissima Bridal Team